ReadNotify offers comprehensive tracking for:
||Microsoft Word (and other OLE) Documents: .DOC
||Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets: .XLS
||Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations: .PPT + .PPS
||Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) files: .PDF
What will you tell me about my tracked documents and PDF's?
We not only let you know when your document or PDF was opened, but we will also endeavor to let you know:
- Date, time, location, ISP, etc regarding each reading
- Recipient / reader details
- When applicable, details showing when your document was Printed out (on paper) or Saved (a copy made to disk)
- Details on whether or not it was forwarded (and where possible; to whom)
- Which pages of your PDF were read
- Length of time read
- How many times it was opened and re-opened (with optional instant notifications each time)
Do I have to be registered with ReadNotify to send a tracked document?
Yes - otherwise you couldn't receive the tracking reports.
Most ReadNotify features are * free to try (*PDF tracking requires a Premium Yearly subscription)
How to add tracking your PDF's and Documents
Tracking your Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files
For Premium Yearly Subscribers: Your PDF's can automatically be tracked by simply attaching them to your tracked email:
- Turn on PDF tracking from within your ReadNotify account (at My Account -> Default Settings)
- Attach your PDF to an email just as you usually would then send your email with tracking.
- The tracking will be automatically placed in both your email and the PDF. The tracking is unique to each item; which means your PDF's will still track if removed from the email.
- log in to your Personal Tracking Page to view the full status of your tracked emails and PDF's. You will also receive ReadNotifications via email when they have been opened.
Tracking your MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other OLE documents
To add tracking to your documents:
- log in
to your ReadNotify account (or sign up here for a free trail)
- Follow the instructions from our Document Tracking Page
- After sending, log in to your Personal Tracking Page to view the full status of your tracked emails and documents. You will also receive ReadNotifications via email when they have been opened.